Welcome to my website
My name is Chris Gore and I am a BACP accredited Psychodynamic Psychotherapist with over 25 years experience of working with individuals and groups in many different settings. I offer short or longer-term therapy to individuals. This is often weekly but for some twice weekly is more appropriate depending on circumstance and need.
Due to lockdown restrictions I currently offer therapy online via Zoom. This is clearly different to meeting in person but is still an effective and useful way to meet. Whatever brings you here I will take your concern seriously and try to help you think about a way forward.
I work from a confidential office where nobody other than myself has access. During the sessions it is important you too are able to carve out a space to be able to talk openly and without distraction for the duration of the 50 minute session.
The list below highlights some of the presenting issues one can face but not all:
• Psychosomatic problems - the body communicates psychological struggles
• Covid19 and the continuing psychological impact on us
• Relationship problems
• Panic attacks and Phobias
• Anxiety, suicidal thoughts, trauma
• Bereavement, unresolved grief and loss
• Troublesome thoughts, feelings and behaviours that are causing distress
• Depression and it’s companion - unexpressed rage
• Addiction- alcohol, food, sex, exercise etc.
• Feeling stuck
• Compulsive activity as a way of fending off depressive feelings - action rather than thought.
If you would like further information please read About Me and How I Work to get more of a sense of who I am, my professional qualifications and experience and other areas that I have worked in. My testimonial page shows what others have thought of my work and my fees. Do contact me if you would like to organise an initial session where we can explore your needs further.
All calls and messages are only accessed by myself and will be treated in the strictest confidence.
My practice is located in between Woking and Guildford in a very quiet and tranquil setting. I am easily accessible by car from many areas of Surrey. As restrictions lessen I aim to begin seeing people in person. My consulting room is located in spacious grounds with free parking and you will be seen within a hygienic and easily aired space.