Welcome to my website
My name is Chris Gore and I am a BACP accredited Psychodynamic Psychotherapist with over 25 years experience of working with individuals and groups in many different settings. I offer short or longer-term therapy to individuals. This is often weekly but for some twice weekly is more appropriate depending on circumstance and need.
I currently offer therapy in person and online via Zoom. Whatever brings you here I will take your concern seriously and try to help you think about a way forward.
The list below highlights some of the presenting issues one can face but not all:
• Psychosomatic problems - the body communicates psychological struggles via physical illness, tension and panic, recurring infections etc.
• Covid19 and the continuing psychological impact on us
• Relationship problems
• Panic attacks and Phobias
• Anxiety, suicidal thoughts, trauma
• Bereavement, unresolved grief and loss
• Troublesome thoughts, feelings and behaviours that are causing distress
• Depression and it’s companion - unexpressed rage
• Addiction- alcohol, food, sex, exercise etc. These defensive strategies are often ways of attempting to manage unbearable feelings that have not been understood. Thus the repetitive nature of addiction. Nothing changes until one recognises this futile way of trying to cope becomes too painful to continue.
• Compulsive activity as a way of fending off depressive feelings - action rather than thought. To slow down and make sense of a very fast and active mind is often challenging and thus avoided.
If you would like further information please read About Me and How I Work to get more of a sense of who I am, my professional qualifications and experience and other areas that I have worked in. My testimonial page shows what others have thought of my work and my fees. Do contact me if you would like to organise an initial session where we can explore your needs further.
All calls and messages are only accessed by myself and will be treated in the strictest confidence.
My practice is located in between Woking and Guildford in a very quiet and tranquil setting. I am easily accessible by car from many areas of Surrey. My consulting room is located in spacious grounds with free parking and you will be seen within a hygienic and easily aired space.