Chris Gore Counselling and PsychotherapyWoking and Guildford
|Home||20th October 2021|
Welcome to my websiteMy name is Chris Gore and I am a BACP accredited Psychodynamic Psychotherapist with over 25 years experience of working with individuals and groups in many different settings. I offer short or longer-term therapy to individuals. This is often weekly but for some twice weekly is more appropriate depending on circumstance and need.
I currently offer therapy in person and online via Zoom. Whatever brings you here I will take your concern seriously and try to help you think about a way forward.
The list below highlights some of the presenting issues one can face but not all: Key Words (Feelings, Connection, Working Though, Meaningful,)
• Psychosomatic problems - the body can communicate psychological struggles via physical illness, tension and panic, recurring infections etc.
• Covid19 and the continuing psychological impact on us
• Relationship problems
• Panic attacks and Phobias
• Anxiety, suicidal thoughts, trauma
• Bereavement, unresolved grief and loss
• Troublesome thoughts, feelings and behaviours that are causing distress
• Depression and it’s companion - unexpressed sadness and rage
• Addiction - alcohol, food, sex, exercise etc. These defensive strategies are often ways of attempting to manage difficult feelings that have often not been processed, understood and worked through. Thus the repetitive nature of addiction. Nothing changes until one recognises this futile way of trying to cope becomes too painful to continue. However, these ways of coping are ingrained and have been a way of trying to manage. This can be thought about in therapy and replaced with understanding and more healthier ways of living.
• Compulsive activity can be a way of attempting to fend off depressive feelings - action rather than thought. To slow down and begin to make sense of a very fast and active mind is often challenging and thus avoided. To connect to the feelings being avoided and working through them you can enhance your capacity to live a fuller and more meaningful life.
If you would like further information please read About Me and How I Work to get more of a sense of who I am, my professional qualifications and experience and other areas that I have worked in. My testimonial page shows what others have thought of my work and my fees. Do contact me if you would like to organise an initial session where we can explore your needs further.
All calls and messages are only accessed by myself and will be treated in the strictest confidence.
My practice is located in between Woking and Guildford in a very quiet and tranquil setting. I am easily accessible by car from many areas of Surrey. My consulting room is located in spacious grounds with free parking and you will be seen within a hygienic and easily aired space.
|click here to email||07919184239||powered by WebHealer|